Yorkshire Wildlife Park
Yorkshire Wildlife Park is a popular wildlife conservation park in Doncaster, South Yorkshire, England. It provides a home to a wide variety of animals from around the world and is dedicated to conservation, education, and promoting awareness of endangered species.
Yorkshire Wildlife Park is situated at Brockholes Lane, Branton, Doncaster, DN4 6TB, just a few miles from Doncaster town centre. It’s easily accessible by road and is well-signposted from major routes.
Entry Times and Prices:
- Opening times may vary seasonally, so checking the official Yorkshire Wildlife Park website for the most up-to-date information on opening hours is advisable.
- Entry prices are typically based on age categories, with discounts for children, seniors, and family packages. Special rates may apply for online bookings and group visits.
Things to Do:
- Animal Encounters: Yorkshire Wildlife Park is home to many animals, including lions, tigers, giraffes, polar bears, and many more. Visitors can explore large, naturalistic enclosures to observe these animals up close.
- Walkthrough Enclosures: Some exhibits offer walkthrough enclosures, allowing you to get closer to the animals. Take advantage of the opportunity to hand-feed wallabies in the Wallaby Walkabout.
- Lemur Woods: Enter Lemur Woods, a walkthrough exhibit where you can observe lemurs in a habitat that closely resembles their natural environment.
- Educational Talks and Feeding Sessions: The park hosts educational talks and feeding sessions throughout the day, providing insights into the animals’ behaviours and conservation efforts.
- Play Areas: Yorkshire Wildlife Park has play areas for children, including adventure playgrounds and water play zones.
- Picnicking: There are designated picnic areas where you can enjoy your packed lunch or purchase food and refreshments at the park’s cafes.
- Gift Shop: Visit the gift shop for souvenirs, educational materials, and gifts related to wildlife conservation.
Who It Will Appeal To:
Yorkshire Wildlife Park appeals to a broad audience:
- Families: The park is family-friendly, with numerous activities and play areas for children.
- Animal Enthusiasts: Those interested in wildlife conservation and observing animals in a spacious and natural setting will be captivated.
- Education Seekers: The park offers educational opportunities through talks and informational displays.
- Nature Lovers: It provides a chance to connect with nature and learn about the world’s wildlife.
- By Car: Yorkshire Wildlife Park is easily accessible by car, with ample parking available on-site. You can use the postal code DN4 6TB for GPS navigation.
- Public Transport: If you prefer public transport, you can take a train to Doncaster Station and then a taxi or bus to the park. Bus services connect Doncaster town centre to the park.
Yorkshire Wildlife Park offers an enjoyable and educational day out for visitors of all ages. It’s not just a zoo but a place where you can experience the wonders of the animal kingdom while supporting vital conservation efforts.